Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blogging?

I'm not sure why I'm so hesitant to "start" blogging. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to "get going"? (Other than having a baby...? :)) I think that pictures help blogs so...that will be my next step to being a better blogger

Other items for suggestion:
  • Good summer reading?
  • How to handle an upstairs neighbor who is a light sleeper? Closing the lid on our toilet or opening our closet doors and walking seem to wake her up...
Things here in California are going pretty well! We're feeling a bit more settled, although I still don't have my clothes unpacked...

In the past week I:
  • Ruined clothing at the laundromat - black pens and industrial dryers don't go well together!
  • Interviewed for a job - the guy interviewing me was younger than me! It would have been a lot of hours and little pay so, i passed.
  • Went to an A's game - in a luxury box! A new friend with season tickets had access and had a sort of "celebration" to welcome us. Fun stuff!
  • Had dinner with Luke's cousin - Scott and his family live in the area and have recently welcomed a new baby!
  • Connected with more people on facebook!
  • And a handful of other things like starting to have people over for dinner and games!
I'm enjoying exploring by foot! We live withing walking distance to a couple of grocery stores (including a Trader Joe's), and about a 20 minute walk from a mall! Not having a job can get expensive! I've been trying not to let it though...

So, selling a house is not for the faint of heart! At least not selling our house across the country :). I'll spare you the details but it has gotten a little bit hairy!

This week I'm looking forward to:

  • A Giants game - also in a luxury box!
  • Lunches and breakfasts - with new friends!
  • Hanging things on our walls!
Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're blogging!... with substantially different time zones (well, just enough difference to be frustrating), we don't get to chat very often, and it's nice to hear what's going on in your life in between catch-up conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting a blog as well - and feel the same way you described!! How do you start? What do you say? I love reading other people's blog, so why not start my own! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

We are a mom and 4.5 year old son who like to go on food adventures with our family! We have just moved to Sunnyvale, CA, and there are lots of place to eat. To counterbalance the eating,