Saturday, August 21, 2010

17 to 30...
magazine meal!

i didn't go as all out as I had intended. my initial thought was to create an entire suggested meal from a magazine - drinks, appetizers, main dish, dessert, etc.  tonight we just went for the main dish and wine.

i made a recipe from Sunset Magazine - stuffed chicken with rosemary polenta

Sunset's version

my version

the reason that this was a "challenge" for me is because I typically don't like recipes.  i prefer to have an idea and go with it.  i don't like to measure things.  etc, etc...

unfortunately, they only had pre-cooked polenta at Trader Joe's. i did manage to measure the olive oil.  (that was hard!)  and we did enjoy the suggested pinot grigio with it.

we'd eat it again! 

as a side note - yes, turns out I skipped 18.  i'm sure that I did a thing or two that I hadn't done before but...i'll just have to double up on another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are a mom and 4.5 year old son who like to go on food adventures with our family! We have just moved to Sunnyvale, CA, and there are lots of place to eat. To counterbalance the eating,